SAP Valuation Methods
Material Price Changes
- There has been a change in price during the current posting period.
- Price changes from the previous posting period do not carry over to the current period.
- There have been changes in price between the previous posting period or year and these changes have been carried over to the current period.
SAP Split Valuation
- The material has various origins, such as different countries of origin.
- The material is obtained through various procurement methods, including external and internal procurement.
- The material is classified into different categories of quality, including damaged, poor quality, or good quality option
- The "Ext. POs" field indicates whether external POs are permitted or not.
- The "Int. POs" field indicates whether internal POs are permitted.
- The ARef (Account Category Reference) field is used to categorize valuation classes. This valuation type is allowed for specific account category references.
- The valuation type that is proposed at the time of PO creation is selected in the field Default Valuation Type External Procure.
- The default valuation type is mandatory and cannot be changed in the PO.
- The valuation type for in-house production is determined when the production order is created.
- The default valuation type is mandatory and cannot be changed in the Production Order.
- The valuation type will be determined automatically by the system during goods receipt. This feature is applicable only for materials that are managed in batches. A valuation record is created automatically for each batch.