SAP Stock Types
- Valuated Stock
- Non-Valuated Stock
- Special Stock
- Unrestricted stock refers to stock that is readily available for use on premises.
- Quality inspection stock refers to delivered material that is kept for quality inspection purposes. This stock is not considered unrestricted and cannot be easily utilized.
- Blocked Stock: In the SAP system, if a material is deemed to have poor quality or irregularities are found during production, it is placed in blocked stock and cannot be used further.
Valuated Stock Movement Types
Quality Stock to Unrestricted Stock
Blocked Stock to Unrestricted Stock
Blocked Stock to Quality Stock
Unrestricted Stock to Quality Stock (Reversal of 321)
Unrestricted Stock to Blocked Stock (Reversal of 343)
Quality Stock to Blocked Stock (Reversal of 349)
- Subcontracting is a procurement method in which a company outsources its work and sends raw material for specific manufacturing processes, receiving the finished material back from the vendor.
- In the consignment process, the vendor provides goods and stores them in the company's storage area. The ownership of the goods remains with the vendor, and the company becomes the owner only when it takes the goods from the consignment stores for its own use. The company pays the vendor only when it uses the goods stored in its storage area as required.
- The stock transport order (STO) process involves transferring plant stocks within the same company code between supplying and receiving plants.
- Third party processing involves a customer placing an order with a company, which then sends the order for processing by a third party vendor. The third party vendor delivers the goods directly, but the invoicing is handled through the intermediary company.
- Returnable transport packaging is a procurement process where goods can be exchanged between vendors and customers. This process involves using pallets and containers as packaging. Returnable transport packaging is considered a special stock owned by the vendor. When received by a company, it is not included in the customer's valuated stock.
- Pipeline handling is the management of materials like water, oil, or electricity through a pipeline. This process does not involve storing the ordered material. When there is a demand, the material is ordered and received using movement type 201P. The settlement with the vendor is then handled through transaction code MRKO.